When it comes to purchasing and installing outdoor railings for your home, there are two routes to go down: the big box retailer, or the private independent contractor. While you might not think there is a much of a difference, when you break it down, you’ll find that there is a massive gap in quality and flexibility.
Differences When Buying Outdoor Railings From A Independent Contractor & Big Box Retailer
What You Can Expect From Big Box Retailers
Whether you’re buying exterior or outdoor railings, there are certain limitations when it comes to getting them from big-box retailers, such as Home Depot or Walmart, including:
- The installation process is complicated and excessive. You’ll find yourself overloaded with screws and brackets, with a simple, yet unhelpful guide.
- The posts and pickets come in a standard size that might, or might not, fit into the requirements of your home. You might notice that there is a limited color range available in-store too.
- The same applies to any glass you’ll get with glass railings. There are limitations in sizes and thicknesses.
- Since they are mass-produced, the railings are not individually tested for code compliance. You don’t know the standard you’re getting.
- The posts and pickets are not powder-coated with aluminum, so it lacks adequate protection when exposed to natural elements.
- The quality of the material is not of the highest order, so either they won’t last forever or will struggle to maintain their quality over the long-term.
As you might have noticed, you will not be receiving the highest-quality railings from a big-box retailer. Most of them are cheaply made, won’t last a long time and will not add any value to your property.
Buying exterior railings from an independent contractor, on the other hand…
What You Can Expect From Independent Contractors
When you go to an independent contractor in Calgary that specializes in outdoor railings and aluminum stair railings, you can expect to receive this type of service:
- You will get a patented design that is streamlined for a simple installation. You will be able to install them yourself, or better yet, let the contractor do it for you.
- The outdoor railings are completely customizable. You can choose any color or custom color. Most significantly, you can expect to get the size and degrees of your pickets and posts adjusted to your desired length. You get to design your own outdoor railing.
- You can also expect custom-made tempered glass panel sizes that come with a variety of different tints and finishes.
- As they are custom-made, each railing is engineer-tested, so it matches any building code compliance. You can be sure of the safety of the product.
- Since the products are not mass-produced, you can expect high-quality materials. In most cases, they will be made from top-quality powder-coated aluminum.
- It’s a worthwhile investment that can last you years.
As you can see, there are plenty of benefits when getting outdoor railings from an independent contractor in Calgary. The flexibility of the product, the quality of the service, and the longevity of the railings, highlight why you should get your railings from an independent contractor, rather than a large company.
McLean Railings has been providing railings for residential properties in Calgary since 1993. Recognized for our attention to detail and high-quality materials, we can offer all homeowners and major home builders the chance to get secure, durable, and reliable railings for their properties. As experts in the field of installing railings on every structure imaginable, we can help you with everything you need. We provide outdoor railings, exterior railings and aluminum stair railings. For top-quality railings in Calgary, call McLean Railings today on 403-995-0361.